Thursday, November 6, 2008

Howdy from Key Largo!




You know how to whistle, don't you? Just pucker up your lips and blow.




After a long drive from Charleston, with a stop at the Miami Airport to pick up Karen Knight, I've arrived in Key Largo. We start our ACA IDW/ICE (up to level 3) here at Florida Bay Outfitters tomorrow.

Today I reviewed strokes and teaching strategies with Karen. My new friend Dallas, pictured here, and I paddled from Garden Cove to the wrecked barge, thru the "Meadow" between Rattlesnake Key and Sound Point. Then into Largo Sound, thru the Marvin D. Adams Waterway. Huge, colorful iguana on the seawall! Did I say "Hey, Buddy!" to him? Of course! Into Blackwater Sound, round Stellrecht Point, and landed at Florida Bay Outfitters in Sexton Cove. That's all for now, I've got a bit of a cold. More pictures here! -Scott

No comments: