Monday, January 26, 2009

It's All Relative...

I've been a bit down lately, 'cause it's cold and gray more often than not in the past few weeks. However, we did have a nice time on the Stono River in the rain the other day. And the weekend is forecast to warm up... a good Charleston Sea Kayaking Meetup Pod is scheduled to head out to Deveaux Bank on Sunday.

Ask me about how I started sea kayaking sometime... To make a long story shorter I will tell you now that it was in the Spring of 1991, and it started at Billington Sea Watercraft, in Plymouth, Massachusetts. Doug Gray, the owner of Billington Sea Watercraft, just sent me some photos of the lake where I first sat in a sea kayak...



Yikes! Spring will be here sooner in Charleston, South Carolina than Plymouth, Massachusetts...






Scott Szczepaniak is the managing owner of Sea Kayak Carolina and a former poster child for Seasonal Affective Disorder. Contact him at
Scott@SeaKayakCarolina.com with your story of how you first got started kayaking... he'll post it on the blog.

No comments: